Event Time and Date
BEST PRACTICES IN ONLINE TEACHING AND LEARNING
Level 2 Training
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This is the Level 2 Training course towards the Online Teaching Certification. Successful completion of this training and the Level 1 Blackboard training modules A-E are required to teach online at SUNY Oneonta. It was created to certify new and current online instructors in best practices to provide the highest quality eLearning experiences possible for students. This is a 1-month course, with discussions, three assignments, a reflective exercise at the end, and a final quiz. It is expected to take about 5-hours per week to complete the course work. It is peer-review on most work, and assignments marked on a S/NS basis. Completion of 95% of the work will culminate in the completion certificate.
PRE-REQUISITES: Level 1 Blackboard training (all 5 modules)
PARTICIPANT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Define effective practices and tools that support quality online learning.
- Create an interactivity lesson for one blended or online learning module.
- Understand how communication strategies for online presence and community building affect design choices.
- Evaluate compliance factors related to online course design.
- Convert course materials to be ADA compliant.
- Analyze key design considerations.
- Create a multimedia professional online lecture or digital learning object.
- Module 1: Building Online Learning Communities
- Module 2: Design Considerations
- Module 3: Planning Learning Interactions
- Module 4: Professional Online Lectures
- Module 5: End-of-Course Completion
**Registrants will be enrolled into the course on April 28, 2017.
Virtual - Online course in Blackboard.