The basic requirements to offer LEAD credit at your event are as follows:
1. The event MUST fall under one of the LEAD credits (LEADership Outcomes, Diversity Programs, or Core Competencies).
2. The event MUST have faculty/staff/professional involvement.
3. The event should be about an hour in length. The general rule is one credit per hour. (Note - Movie/play viewings followed by discussions are generally only one credit due to the inactivity while just watching the performance).
4. The event MUST be posted to Campus Connection. This also has the benefit of getting your event more publicity (virtual flier board, broadcast, portal, and some electronic signs if posted on time).
5. Attendance MUST be taken at the event and uploaded to Campus Connection. See your options for taking attendance below.
How to Post Your Event to Campus Connection
- Go to Campus Connection.
- Log in using your campus user name and password.
- Go to your organization's page.
Please note that all college departments, except individual residence halls which have their own organizations, are under *SUNY Oneonta.
- Click "Events" in the gray bar near the top of the page.
- Select "Create Event."
If you don't see this, then you don't have access to create events for your organization. See below to determine how to get access.
- Fill out the event form completely.
Steps specific to LEAD credit:
- Description - if you want LEAD credit, it is extremely important that you use the description area to describe the program and what will be learned.
- Categories - You can select as many options as are correct for your event but one of them definitely should be "LEAD Program."
- RSVP Option - Please select as appropriate for your event.
- Allow Anyone to Self-Report Attendance - DO NOT CHECK THIS BOX IF YOU WANT LEAD CREDIT.
- Allow Users to Show Attendance at This Event on Their Record - DO CHECK THIS BOX
- Additional Information - select which LEAD Credit(s) you are asking for.
- When your event is approved, you will also be notified of LEAD Credit assignment.
- Make sure to close the loop by reporting your attendance in one of the following ways:
- Use the track attendance function on your event page to confirm those who RSVPd and actually attended, manually add attendees using their SUNY Oneonta email, or uploading a csv file containing the email addresses (see images below).
- For large events, we have ID readers that we can use to capture the attendees. ID readers can be reserved via the event form or contact the Leadership Programs Office.
- Please note that as of January 1, 2013 sponsors of programs getting LEAD credit need to track attendance themselves. You can use the attendance form found on the LEAD website (http://lead.oneonta.edu) for your convenience
then add the attendance to the event page.